Friday, August 14, 2009

This morning I was reminded of God's goodness and faithfulness. It has been a crazy week filled with lots of activity...mentally, emotionally and physically....lots of moments to wonder, "God what are you up to..What's going on? So many people I dearly care about in dire circumstances..." and then I read this...

Ps. 66: 9-10&12b "Our lives are in His hands, and he keeps our feet from stumbling. You have tested us, O God; you have purified us like silver melted in a cruicible.....We went through fire and flood. But you brought us to a place of great abundance."


I know the "melting" and "purifying" process is not fun..and it can be very stressful and unrelenting, exhausting and overwhelming and defeating. But I know, and continue to find, that through that process we find beauty and purpose.


Through whatever we may be going through...we must remember
" God doesn't build skyscrapers; men build skyscrapers. And they all have a touch of genius, human genius. But you cannot find a man who can make a star. And when God steps in, His working is like the difference between a skyscraper and a star." (Chuck Swindol)

I have to continue to remind myself to wait on the designer...because in the midst of my chaos there sometimes seems no purpose, no understanding, and every reason to give up hope,....but I have to remember the truth....God's timing is perfect..and when I wait for it and put my trust in Him...He will take my breath away with what only He can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment